I love easy fudge made with sweetened condensed milk. The more flavours I make, the more I want to try. Each one I've made has been a hit, and the recipe makes over 2 lbs so it really goes a long way. So far I've tried Reese's Fudge, Christmas Fudge, Oreo fudge, and Salted Butterscotch Fudge.

My most recent adventure was with mint chocolate fudge, and I found the recipe on Eagle Brand's website. I adjusted the method and made it in the microwave. This was the first fudge I made in the microwave, and although it was really easy, the fudge cooled a lot faster than the stove top method, so I had to move quickly to make sure it didn't set before I got it into the baking dish.  


Ingredients:
2 cups chocolate chips, divided (I used a mixture of dark and milk chocolate)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (300ml), divided
2 tsp peppermint extract
2 tsp vanilla, divided
Green food colouring

Method:
1. Line 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper.

2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt together 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk until blended (about one minute). Add 1 tsp vanilla and stir until combined. Spread evenly into pan for layer one of the fudge. Chill 10 minutes for layer to set.

Note: For ease of measuring the sweetened condensed milk, at this time I added the other cup of chocolate chips and another 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk to the microwave safe bowl. Set aside, as this will become layer three.

3. In another microwave safe bowl, add 1 cup white chocolate chips and the remainder of the sweetened condensed milk (it will be a little less than 1/4 cup). Melt in microwave until blended (about one minute). Mixture will be thick. Add peppermint extract and green food colouring and stir until combined. Spread over first layer of fudge. Chill for 10 minutes for layer to set.

4. Melt second bowl of chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk until blended (about one minute). Add 1 tsp vanilla and stir until combined. Spread over second layer of fudge.

Chill until firm. I usually chill mine for 24 hours and it always sets up perfectly.


Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, December 03, 2014 4 comments

4 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy