The school buses here in Simcoe County were cancelled for the past two days due to our (spring) winter weather. This winter has seemed never-ending, and with two "snow days" in April it is hard to believe spring will ever actually show itself! I'm Canadian so I like to forget certain things about our climate, like the fact that it sometimes snows on May 24th weekend (shh...don't talk about it!). Last year we were spoiled with summer-like temperatures in March, so this year has been cruel by comparison.

Ice storms in April aren't all bad, the icicles actually make everything look quite pretty.  With my boots on (boo!) I went walking around and documented this April event.






How is the weather where you are?

Posted by Jen B On Friday, April 12, 2013 6 comments

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll quit whining about our 40 degree weather. It's just that I really wanted to go to the baseball game tonight, but it's just no fun if you're sitting there shivering!

    I did used to live in Alaska, so I know how frustrating it can be when it seems like winter goes on forever. Yeah, Alaska has four seasons: June, July, August, and Winter! Hope it gets warmer for you soon (for me, too!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I love that - four seasons June, July, August, and Winter! :)

      I hope you made it to the ball game!

      Delete
  2. Great photos. The last one if my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....kinda an errie beauty...I love and remember so well from when I lived in Alaska (from 2000-2003)....but seriously in APRIL....LOL. I PROMISE to not complain about the temps "dipping" into the 40's lately here on the Texas Gulf Coast - where we don't really have seasons either and summer (hot enough to swim) usually last from about March to Oct (and then dies a SLOOOWWWW death in Nov. by recreating itself as "the dog days of summer"
    Carolyn @ www.iamthecraftylady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to report it is beautiful out today! I think the winter has finally left us!! :) Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy