This is where a blog would go if I wasn't so completely distracted from writing.

The weather is currently gorgeous and the sun is demanding I walk beneath it.

I have 175 pages left to read in a book that is due back at the library tomorrow by 3:00pm.

I have been getting up earlier all week and it is making me sooooo tired (can't wait til I'm used to it.)

I am completely obsessed with social networking. Everything I click leads me to more things I want to click and then all of a sudden hours have passed. The internet is probably my main cause of distraction...from all things!

But I am not discouraged. I will write again!

April has found me wavering between being really focused and really unfocused. I am bursting with energy and ideas for projects but then all too suddenly the energy is gone and I find myself distracted. Instead of fighting to regain my focus, I plunk myself in front of Twitter for 3 hours. Not good. This is a habit that I am getting out of this weekend. No excuses!

I have a few saved drafts in Blogger that need editing.  I have a list of post ideas that I can start writing. My first goal is to just start. Happily, this post about not starting has kinda gotten me started!

I'm still heading outside for a walk (I'm taking advantage of every moment outdoors that isn't bitterly cold) but when I get back in...it is writing time!


Posted by Jen B On Friday, April 26, 2013 9 comments

9 comments:

  1. What is this thing you speak of, the sun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was there yesterday and today for us! It has been so long I hardly recognized it! :P

      Delete
  2. So... Did you finish your book? Or did you have to get an extension? Or are you going to have to pay a fine? And what book are you reading? Please share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't finish it! I went over to the library just before they closed and was able to renew it. It was my 4th time renewing! If someone has a hold on it you can't renew, so luckily I'm the only one wanting to read this right now. I am reading Frozen Heat by "Richard Castle". They are books from the TV show Castle. Have you read them? I took it out originally at a time when I also had 2 or 3 other books come off hold, so I kept pushing this book to the bottom of the pile. I have read almost 100 pages today though! :) Thanks for asking!

      Delete
    2. I've read all the Castle books. I find them enjoyable.

      My daughter is reading the Derek Storm graphic novels, too. Yep, by Richard Castle!

      Delete
    3. Neat! I think they are a great tie in with the show!

      Delete
    4. I didn't even know that they were real books! I may have to read them now. :) Glad you didn't have to turn it in unfinished - I hate that.

      Delete
    5. They are real books! And Nathan Fillion is on the jacket covers! So adorable! There are four in the series so far and if you watch the show there are lots of references and in jokes. The first one in the series "Heat Wave" is not that good, but it is short, you just have to get through it to get all the set up. They tried harder and did a much better job with 2, 3, and 4. They are like watching an episode of Castle...but it's a book! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy