It is January 1st, so the binge eating of treats and goodies I've been indulging in for the past month is slowly coming to a close. I am getting rid of any treats left in my house through a combination of overeating and unloading them on friends. Spread the wealth!

Although most of the treats are now gone, there is still a rather large stash of sweet ingredients from all the holiday baking I did.  With a great treat idea from The Happy Whisk, I melted and mixed my leftover milk and mint chocolate chips with a bag of mini-candy canes that my Mom unloaded on me yesterday. The resulting treat is super yummy, and served as the perfect 'dessert' to all the other treats I had today.

Candy canes ready to grind.  The smell once ground was powerful
 and intoxicating.

Mix with melted chocolate.

Spread on baking sheet.  Sprinkle with even more candy cane.  Freeze.

Break into pieces and enjoy!
Happy New Year's Everybody!!

Posted by Jen B On Sunday, January 01, 2012 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This is very cool. Do you like yours stored in the freezer or room temp?

    I like mine in the freezer, but I'm going to leave a serving onthe counter, just to see how it tastes.

    Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap this looks delicious! And Happy New Year to you lady! I hope it's getting off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, this looks both delicious and very doable. Steve and I are equally excited. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Whisk: I love them right out the freezer - they are crunchy and cold. Thanks for the recipe - it is sure to be a staple in our place now! :)

    @Tasha: It is delicious! Happy New Year to you as well!! So far so good!

    @Marilyn: They are so easy to make! The hardest part is not eating them all at once! ;) Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy