I got my first iPod in 2005 when all my amazing friends chipped in and bought me a group gift for my birthday.  I didn't know I wanted a digital music player, but I instantly bonded with my sleek and adorable iPod Nano, not fully comprehending how I had previously walked without earbuds and 800 of my favourite songs at the ready.  At the time (almost 7 years ago!) the Nano was the best thing ever. And even now, knowing that there are so many newer versions of the iPod, I still love mine, even if all it does is play music.  But having said that, isn't that what iPods are for?

I'm not really one to upgrade easily; change isn't really my thing.  And really, my iPod still works!  I use it every day in my alarm clock dock, and it still accompanies me on long walks in the park.  We've had and continue to have good times.

In November I got an email from Apple saying that my iPod had been recalled.  There was a possibility that the battery could overheat, so they were voluntarily recalling and replacing them. At that time the internet was a flutter with what they were being replaced with.  Would we get our Nanos back refurbished?  Would we get brand new ones (with a touch screen!)?  Would we get refurbished 1st Generation Nanos that Apple just had lying around?  The internet could only speculate! If they do send me a new one, I'll definitely be making an enormous leap in my music player (my Nano is only 4G; the smallest available size of the 6th Gen is 8G! Win!)

I was slow moving to start the process of sending my iPod away to be replaced, but I have finally come to terms with the fact that my 6+ year relationship with my 1st gen iPod Nano is over.  We'll always have our rainy walks through the Annex, our sunny sprees up Bathurst, and some energetic times at the gym.  Good times and good memories.

I sent in my request for a replacement and Apple recently sent me a padded envelope and instructions.  All very spy like, I think.  I called UPS yesterday morning and they picked up my iPod by 1pm.  The UPS tracking already shows it as half way to Apple.  I'm starting to get excited about what will be coming back in 4-6 weeks.


Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3 comments

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you about "upgrading". I never do it. I figure that if the thing I have works and I know how to use it, am used to it and like it, then why should I upgrade just because I can. I am, however married to a rabid upgraded, so things get upgraded whether I like it or not. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. I didn't even know about this whole thing until I read it here - but turns out that I, too, am eligible for the upgrade. So yay - new nano for me too. Because your music player shouldn't catch fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I hope we get new Nanos! I will post what I get as soon as I get it!! That is neat that you have one too. And yes, they should not catch fire!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy