I had an unplanned break from knitting but have been itching to pick up some needles all week. I have friends who have recently had babies or are soon to have babies, so I want to knit adorable baby stuff.  I am a planner and spent many hours this week looking through patterns and thinking about yarn.  I also invested in some knitting supplies, as a pattern I want to knit used some tools I didn't have yet (16" circulars, I am looking at you!). I also picked up some stitch markers, some dpns, and soft yarn.

I tried to start a new project today that involved double pointed needles, and despite my three attempts, I could not get a handle on it.  I realize I need to take a step back; I basically haven't knit in almost a year and am a wee bit rusty.  I was still itching to knit, so I am on task to complete all my outstanding projects (luckily there are only three).  So new and cute baby projects are still to come, but here is what I accomplished today:

Reusable Swiffer Cloth - I just had to seem the edge to complete this.

Top view.  Just ignore how dirty the Swiffer is!

Bone dog toys - seemed and stuffed. I still need to learn proper seeming.

I also made headway on a winter hat I began last February for John.  I am only about a third done, but I am so happy to be knitting again.  Working on all these projects has me really inspired for all the new things I will create.

Posted by Jen B On Saturday, January 28, 2012 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. I love making yarn toys for the pup, but I never thought of the Swiffer idea. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea about the Swiffer! I'm going to have to do that.

    And welcome back to the needles :) I always find when I haven't made anything for a while, it takes twice as long to do anything; you'll get your rhythm back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very clever of you to make something for your swiffer...wow, that's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by the blog and for your comment! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy