I reluctantly took down my Christmas cards yesterday.  I know, it is the middle of February, but I love greeting cards and love having the "cheer" hanging around.
Look how festive and happy these are!

As I was taking them down, I got the bright idea to leave the string up and display whatever random greeting cards I'll receive throughout the year.  Previously, greeting cards would sit on my desk, but due to limited space they were easily knocked over and didn't get the attention they properly deserved.  Now with them hanging up, I will be cheered the whole year through!

Look how festive and happy these are too!!

What do you do with your greeting cards?  I have a giant box of them from over the years. Every time I move, I look through my giant pile and clear out any that I'm not attached to anymore.  I also have a plan to make a scrapbook that showcases the greeting cards that I'm really sentimental about...but that will be a BIG project, so it hasn't moved past the planning stages.  So what do you do with your greeting cards?  Do you display them, store them, or toss them?

Posted by Jen B On Thursday, February 17, 2011 2 comments

2 comments:

  1. I used to try and keep all of them... until I found a huge box of cards dating all the way from grade 3 (I think)... and realised that if I keep every card I'm ever given, I'll end up on Hoarders for sure. I've got a string up like you - the kids' art goes there too - and when we're done enjoying them, I cut out bits that could be used for scrapbooking and collage or making into new cards or gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - My main goal in life is to not be on hoarders!! It's true, you really can't keep them all. I've been doing some "arts and crafts" with old ones lately too. I helped John's Grandma go through a bunch of old cards last week and I found so many cards that I can cut and paste! Reduce, reuse, recycle, right??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy