I have been itching to make some Oreo Truffles, which are the amazing combination of a bag of crushed Oreos, a package of cream cheese, and some chocolate coating [find the recipe here]. For some spring flare, I used white chocolate coating that I dyed pastel colours. I have made these truffles before, but they were trickier this time around, probably because I gave myself the added pressure of wanting the colours to look good (normally I just cover everything in milk chocolate, which hides any imperfections).

Good Looking Spring Oreo Truffles
Not pictured (love editorial control!) are the truffles where the coating was too thin, or where the truffle part got mixed into the coating, giving them a dirty snow kind of look. I had made these before so I only skimmed the recipe, but it turned out I skimmed the part about using two forks to help coat the truffles evenly. Oops. So these ended up being a little harder to make than I thought, but the amazing thing about baking is that even if the end result doesn't look like it's supposed to, it still tastes pretty good!
Tasty Spring Oreo Truffle
Posted by Jen B On Friday, March 29, 2013 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. I've eaten these and I gotta say, they are dangerously good. I like 'em cold the best. Love the pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been keeping them in the freezer - so great frozen. I am taking them to a get together on Saturday so I don't have to eat them all by myself. They are dangerous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me add Oreo! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now starting to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for following! Thanks for stopping by my blog as well! These truffles were really good!! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, they were so good Jen. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them! I had to take them to a get together or I would have eaten them all myself! :)

      Delete
  5. These look absolutely amazing! they wouldn't last long at all!

    Thanks for stopping my my blog and following =)

    - your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were a hit at the party - and eaten really fast! :)

      Thanks for stopping by the blog and for following!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy