I'm participating in the Goodreads reading challenge, which I've done for the past two years. I set my goal this year for thirty books, in line with my past results (2013 I read thirty-one books, 2014 I read forty-one). For 2015, I am already way behind schedule (five books behind, according to the helpful widget on my Goodreads profile.) According to my stats, at this point last year I had read eight books, and by this time the year before I had read five books. So far this year I've only finished two, but am almost done a third.

This year I've read:

Wolves of the Calla (The Dark Tower #5), 925 pages


Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower #6), 544 pages


The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower #7), 1050 pages, of which I've read 700 pages (so far).


So it's not that I haven't been reading, it's that the books I'm reading are super long, and I'm so into the Dark Tower series, that I kinda don't want it to end.

But I have to finish it! Not only do I want to know what happens, but a new book came off hold at the library (that still has multiple holds on it) and I have to read it within three weeks as books that have holds can't be renewed. I am so close to the end of the Dark Tower that I don't want to put it down to start something new...I just have to finish it so I can start something new. So I'm going to end this blog post and clock some time with Roland Deschain as he completes his quest for the Dark Tower, and I complete my quest of finishing this book series.


Posted by Jen B On Wednesday, April 01, 2015 8 comments

8 comments:

  1. That is quite a challenge! Good luck with it. I'm an avid reader like you. By the end of the year, I'm always surprised at how many books I've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome widget! I didn't realize they had something like that to track your reading. I'm going to tell my mom who is an avid reader and librarian to boot! She may already know, though.
    Thanks, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I've read less than ten of his books, but I think I will be reading them all over my life. He has won me over for sure.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you'll catch up! I'm a little behind too, mostly because my holds are taking forever to come in! I need to start putting holds on less popular items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I place a hold and it says: "your position in the holds queue: 1" The best!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy