Some days require sticky buns.

Brown sugar was on sale at Bulk Barn last week so I picked up a generous amount.  Any that didn't fit into my brown sugar jar - I put into sticky buns.  A brown sugar sale is win win!

I make the cinnamon bun dough in my bread maker, but there are tonnes of dough recipes online. Chef at Home has a good recipe for cinnamon buns if you feel like making some too.

After rolling out the dough, I spread generous quantities of butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon all over it.  The more the better, I think!  


Before baking the rolls, I make the sticky bun sauce, which is made by combining 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.  Heat until evenly combined and pour the sauce onto the bottom of a baking dish.  Set the ready-to-bake rolls into the gooey, yummy, sticky sauce, and then bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.  Right out of the oven, I collect any sauce from the bottom of the pan and baste the cinnamon buns in even more sticky bun sauce.  It is beautifully yummy!


I even sprinkled a cooked sticky bun with walnuts for an extra kick.  Double yum!


Posted by Jen B On Sunday, March 06, 2011 4 comments

4 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy