It is still super hot out so we are doing our best to avoid use of the oven at all costs.  Somehow my cravings aren't coinciding with this new and beneficial cooking style.  Mainly, I really wanted cookies.  I had ingredients on hand, but baking them - even for 12 minutes - would probably raise the temperature in the house by 5000°C.  Spending the afternoon living on the surface of the Sun, didn't seem worth the joy I would get from the cookies.

But then I remembered - No Bake Cookies!  My family calls them Haystacks, but they are also known as Crow's Feet.  I couldn't find my recipe, so I adapted a recipe I found online to accommodate the ingredients I had on hand.

Basically it is just butter, sugar, milk, and chocolate, boiled and mixed with oatmeal.

 Mmmmmm... Chocolate...

Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and refrigerate.

Gooey chocolate goodness.

The cookies I made tasted amazing but never really hardened.  I think the fridge was refusing to work because it is too hot.  I put them in the freezer, and though they are now easier to handle, they are still really gooey.  A benefit of having them in the freezer is that they are very cold, which is great for this weather!

Posted by Jen B On Thursday, July 08, 2010 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy