I bought my fifth box of clementines of the season this week.  And my 17th pomegranate.  These fruits are only in season from late November to mid January, so I am trying to shove twelve months worth of love and appreciation of these yummy treats into the two short months they are available by consuming as many as possible.  Plus they are both my absolute favourite.  I love, love, love them.

I love pomegranates because they satisfy some of my key snacky cravings: perfect crunch, finger food, and takes time to eat.  I pull my pomegranates apart (like this), and make my way through seed by seed in one big, messy, fulfilling snacking adventure.  They are incredibly tangy, juicy, and fun to eat.

My favourite way to eat clementines is in groups of five or more.  My average is eight per sitting.  Last year I went through about 12 boxes of them without really trying, so we'll see how many I get to this year.  Clementines are easy to peel, generally seedless, and full of yum.  Such a great snack.  I wish they were available all year round!



Posted by Jen B On Thursday, December 09, 2010 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. I love them too, but I don't have your 8 in a sitting average and no one else in my household eats them. I only make it through about half the box before they start getting dried out and brown :(

    I'm going to buy them anyway, and maybe dry some of the extras to make ornaments... do you think you can dry them in the oven the same way as oranges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of drying oranges before - but Google showed me all about it and I think it is a great idea. One site I went to said she used clementines for smaller ornaments. I think it will work!! Definitely blog about it if you do it, buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love Google? :)
    I definitely will. It's a little lacking in Christmas around here right now.. I'm feeling a spurt of decorating coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Festive decorating is the best! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy