I turned thirty last week and so far it has been great.  I made myself a giant turkey dinner and basically feasted for days.  Just my style.

There is a lot of hoopla around birthdays ending in zero - and the suggestion that you need to do something big.  So I talked to my dad about it to see if he wanted to help me do something 'big'.

Me: Hey Dad - your only baby daughter is turning thirty!  How about sending me to Cuba for my birthday?
Dad: You know what?  I have a gift card for Swiss Chalet that I got for Christmas.  I thought we should have that for your birthday.

He wouldn't be my dad if had replied anything different than that.  We had birthday Swiss Chalet take-out last Wednesday with my bros and it was absolutely delicious.  It was 'big' enough for me.

My turning thirty is a big deal for my parents - I'm the baby of the family and the baby is now thirty!  Yesterday I was chatting with dad on the phone and all of a sudden he said:

Dad: I realize you are now over thirty so I am not going to call you my baby anymore.  Because you are not a baby.  ...  So what should I call you?
Me: You should call me... Power of Attorney.

And we laughed and laughed.  Sometimes dad sets them up and I knock them down.  Plus I really could do some good if I was in charge of his finances... like a trip to Cuba! :)




Posted by Jen B On Tuesday, November 09, 2010 2 comments

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, great post. I laughed. Good stuff. Happy birthday three years late. This post popped up on the bottom of your other post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the belated birthday wishes and for commenting on this post! So happy that it made you laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy