I woke up with butter tarts on my mind, but not the proper ingredients in the house to make them. So I googled butter tart squares and found a recipe on the Robin Hood flour website that seemed easy enough. Not only were they indeed easy enough, they were so easy that I'm adding them to my regularly baked treats rotation.


I modified the recipe based on the ingredients I had on hand and followed the method on the original recipe.

Ingredients:
Base
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour

Filling
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.

2. For the base, beat margarine and brown sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add flour and beat until combined (mine had a cookie dough like texture). Spread evenly into prepared baking dish.

3. Bake for 20 minutes.

4. For the filling, beat margarine and brown sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Beat in corn syrup/honey, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder.

5. Pour over baked base, and return to oven for 25 minutes or until set.

Just out of the oven.

Unwrapped and ready for slicing.

Butter Tart squares. Delicious!



Posted by Jen B On Monday, November 16, 2015 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, you've been missed !!!!

    PS: The bake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwww.....Thank you so much!

      The bake was good and eaten quickly! :)

      Delete
  2. Since I love butter tarts, I'd go for these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great square! I just added it to my traditional list of Christmas baking. It was fast and easy to do :)


    -Dana@Simplement D Liche

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

My Adorable Twitter

Let's connect!

What I'm Currently Reading

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 30 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 0 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jen has read 5 books toward a goal of 25 books.
hide

Suggested Reading

Suggested Reading

Good Eating

Active and Outdoorsy